Sunday 18 March 2012

Nan-khatai - An Indian cookies

Nankhatai puts me in flashback and evokes lots of memories in me mainly because,that is probably the closest I came to baking while I was a child.I don’t remember if I enjoyed eating it as much as I enjoyed seeing it baking in our OTG which my father bought for me just because I insisted him alot.I used to shout in happiness when I saw them puff up and break oh-so-gently on top making it the best and perfect nankhatais ever.One day one of my childhood friend Premu told me that how much she liked the nankhatais made by me though ahan!! she never praised me that time :)..So for you my loving Friend Premu I am putting this recipe first time on my blog :).


Ingredients

Maida/Flour - ¾ cup
Cooking soda - 1/8 tsp
Powdered Sugar - ¼ cup
Ghee or unsalted butter - 1/3 cup[generous]
Cardamom and Powdered Nutmeg - ¼ tsp each
Preheat oven to 180C.

Method :-
Cream the sugar and the ghee until well blended.
Sift the flour with the soda. Add this to the sugar-ghee mixture. Add the cardamom and nutmeg powders. 
Make a dough and divide into small balls. 
Flatten each ball onto a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 180 C.
Allow to cool and store in airtight containers.





No comments:

Post a Comment