Monday 5 March 2012

rice and dal chilla!


As a kid I always relished my grandma's recipe called as  dhuska in Jharkhand state in India.
she prepared it with a batter made up of basmati rice and chana dal soaked overnight and then deep frying them shaped as doughnuts served with tomato chutney.I always prepare them but despite frying I prefer to make chillas out of them on nonstick pain with a dash of olive oil ....(I always take Extra care to cut the calories however possible)...I admit its less gud as hers...but its pleasing to tuck in the same flavors.

Recipes as following:-

Ingredients
1) 2 cups basmati rice and 1 cup chana dal soaked overnight
2)1 onion chopped very fine
3)2-3 spring onions chopped very fine
4)green chilies2- chopped  
5)coriander leaves(optional)
6) salt and pepper

Method

1) Grind together the soaked rice and dal into smooth batter with a consistency like dosa batter(add water if needed)
2)Mix in all the ingredients no2 to no6 
3) heat a non stick griddle or Pan and add dash of olive oil pour the batter and Spread the mix on pan in circular motion to prepare thin chillas
Cook on both the sides, I like it little crispier



No comments:

Post a Comment